Glyphr Studio is an Electron-based desktop application for the online platform with the same name that allows you to create and edit fonts. The web app can also be accessed via any web browser at glyphrstudio.com/online/
The Glyphr Studio application is designed to help you use the online resources available at glyphrstudio.com/online/ from the comfort of your desktop without wasting resources by employing a full-featured web browser.
- Editing Tools - Pen and Pointer tools for all your vector design needs. Cool stuff like lockable attributes, guidelines, keyboard shortcuts, undo history... and more!
- Components - Define a shape once, like an 'o', and re-use it across many glyphs, like 'bdgpq'. Make changes to the Root Component, and it updates all the glyphs linked to it.
- Test Drive - Try out your font as you type. Pack my box with five dozen liquor jugs!
- Ligatures - Combine a sequence of glyphs into one new supercharacter, like Æ or ¼. POW.
- Kerning - Standard character spacing feeling awkward like a gradeschool slowdance? Kerning gets glyphs together and feelin' good.
- Import SVG Fonts or outlines - Use your favorite vector editing program to create vector outlines, then import them to glyphs via SVG. Or open a whole SVG Font at once.
- Unicode-a-palooza - Easily select some common Unicode character ranges to design, or input arbitrary ranges - up to U+FFFF. That's 65k glyphs of excitement.
- Two Screen Mode - spread out and use your big beautiful second monitor. Tools on one screen, editing on the other.