Norton Antivirus for Mac provides advanced, multi-layered security protecting you against both existing and emerging online threats. It offers sophisticated antimalware, antivirus, and antiphishing, with a smart firewall to protect your privacy and information against malicious attacks.
Sophisticated security technologies and an advanced response team monitor global threats around the clock to identify and mitigate the impact of new threats before they affect your Mac.
Norton for Mac comes in four versions:
- Norton Antivirus Plus
- Norton 360 Standard
- Norton 360 Deluxe
- Norton 360 with LifeLock Select
Each product is licensed on either a monthly or annual basis with a 60-day money-back guarantee on annual plans.
Additional Lifelock Advantage and Ultimate Plus plans protect up to 10 or unlimited devices respectively.
Should your system be infected and Norton engineers are unable to remove it, Norton’s Virus Protection Promise offers a money-back guarantee. Free security scans can be launched from Norton’s website.
Download Norton for Mac and get:
- Real-time protection: Multi-layer protection against existing and emerging malware, ransomware, spyware, and viruses.
- Online Threat Protection: Real-time updates based on the 24x7 detection of new threats around the world, installed on your system via Live Update.
- Smart Firewall: Monitoring of network traffic to thwart malicious code and unwanted intruders.
- Password Manager: Secure storage of passwords and financial information.
- Secure VPN: Provides anonymous browsing and bank-grade encryption with Norton VPN.
- Dark Web Monitoring: Detects availability of personal information on the Dark Web.
- PC SafeCam: Blocks unauthorized access to your webcam.
- LifeLock Identity Alert: Sends alerts via an app, email, phone, or text when your identity is threatened.
- Identity Restoration: Specialists will help restore your identity if it is compromised.
- Credit Monitoring: Proactive monitoring of credit bureaus and large-scale data breaches for early identification of identity theft.
Awards and Recognition
- AV-Test: 100% for protection against malware infections, performance, and usability.
- Mashable: "Best hands-off antivirus software" for Macs.
Norton Antivirus for Mac comes in four subscription plans:
Norton Antivirus Plus
- Real-time protection
- Online Threat Protection
- Smart Firewall
- Password Manager
Norton 360 Standard
Everything in Norton Antivirus Plus PLUS:
- Secure VPN for 1 Mac
- Dark Web Monitoring
- PC SafeCam
Norton 360 Deluxe
Everything in Norton 360 Standard PLUS:
- Secure VPN for up to 5 Macs
Norton 360 with LifeLock Select
Everything in Norton 360 Deluxe PLUS:
- LifeLock identity alerting
- Identity restoration
- Lost wallet protection
- Credit monitoring and alerts
- Data breach notifications
What’s new in Norton for Mac?
The latest version of Norton security for Mac is 8.5.
- Zero-day support for macOS 10.15
- The Norton Safe Web Plus is now offered in the Apple AppStore
- Bug fixes
- Performance improvements
- Operating System Versions: Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher, macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or higher.
- Disk Space: Minimum of 300 MB.
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
Can you put Norton on a Mac?
Yes. Norton security for Macs is compatible with Mac OS X 10.10 and higher.
Is Norton good for Mac?
Yes. Norton Security for Mac detected 100% Mac malware threats during tests conducted by AV-Test.
What is the latest version of Norton security for Mac?
How do you install Norton security on Mac?
Download the product of your choice, find it on your Downloads folder and double-click on the install file. Double-click on Agree & Install, follow the prompts.
Is it worth getting Norton for Mac?
Yes. According to Top Ten Reviews, Norton Internet Security for Macs includes "extra features, such as a password manager, safe banking tools and personal firewall, are useful and make Norton Security Standard one of the best antivirus programs for the Mac."