Area Lighting Calc is a native macOS CAD application specialized to perform lighting calculations for open areas.
With Area Lighting Calc you don’t need to be a specialist. Fill the form and in few seconds you’ll be able to prepare a professional lighting plan complete with a full personalized report.
What you can do:
- Prepare and obtain a plan for the lights required for an open area (for closed areas plans see other apps we have here on the App Store)
- You can obtain fast answers about how much fixtures of a certain type you need to obtain a fixed lighting level in an open area in few steps.
- You can compare fixtures and choose the one that permits minimal consumption, and then build the 3D model to light.
- You can obtain an interactive 3D model of the planned area and you can move inside, rotate, pan, zoom at any level
- You can obtain a printable report of your plan with pictures, list of used elements, their characteristic, results and cost of realization.
- You will be amazed on how easy is to cerate a full light plan.
- Works with parametric 3D objects used for modelling
- Imports third part light sources IESNA LM-63 (American standards), EULUMDAT (European standards)
- Can even import DXF drawings data files (the Application converts drawings to photometries!)
- Can export to RTF a complete list, formatted according to user needs, of the installed products and special items.
- Perform calculation of electrical power and total cost.
- Output can be plotted on the surfaces projected on the plane and shown in real/false colors
- Generates iso-value curves or numerical tables
- Works well both in Metric and Imperial unit
- Includes all the functionality of Lighting Source Manager (available also separately here on the App Store)
- We offer support via email if you have any kind of problems with our applications