Developer website: /integr/tech
Little Darkr brings a system-wide dark-mode to Macs prior to Mojave (especially macOS X 10.13) as well as new options for Mojave's dark-mode. With Little Darkr's 'owl', you can easily switch not only your dock/menubar, but all your windows appearance to dark: through two simple switches (owls eyes). You could even tell your owl your wish for the exact times of your systemwide dark- and light-mode or let 'night shift' automatically do the trick. An additional slider enables you to greatly reduce all macOS-animations to an absolute minimum - and gain more concentration (less distracting eye-candy). Another slider lets you significantly strengthen the boot- as well as the sleep-security settings of your mac. The tool is ideally suited for power-users (as well as part of a wider tool-family).
- Knob in your menubar : simple toggle light- / dark-mode --> middle-click
- Owl's left eye: toggle dark *windows*-color (and back to usual)
- Owl's right eye: toggle dark *menubar-/ dock*-color (and back to usual)
- Two clock-sliders to program your own dark/ light-clock (auto-switch)
- Options: other skins / audio (see under prefs); free switching-hotkey
- Prefs: autostart at login; make owl movable, automatic switch by local day-/ night-cycle (through "night shift")
- Attention-Slider: disable and enable MacOS-Animations and gain concentration
- Security-Slider: significantly strengthen the boot- as well as the sleep-security settings of your mac.
- Minor bug fixes
- Updated new slider: stronger sleep / boot security and reminder reset
- More stable functioning of the initial skin, sound, animation slider (esp. back to factory settings), setting & work of the systemwide hotkey, the night mode switch through 'night shift', the night mode triggering by middle clicking on the menu icon and the AM / PM auto detection
- Mojave adaptation: to get the new 'menubar / dock only' Dark Mode you may need to logout on some machines
- macOS 10.11 or later