Developer website: illumineX, inc.
HoppiX is a game of elimination: the object is to remove as many marbles as you can from the playing field. Take a marble and "hop" over a neighboring marble. The marble that was hopped over is removed from the playing field. Continue with this until no more hops are possible. If you removed enough marbles from the screen, then you will move on to the next level -- or win the game!
HoppiX includes several variations on the basic game as well as many different and lovely sets of marbles. Changing to a new game variant will alter the game board layout and possibly even some of the rules of the game. We also have an Easy - Normal - Hard difficulty selection to make the game even more flexible!
- This is the first release of HoppiX for the Mac App Store.
- This is a substantial refactoring of the HoppiX and GamePaX codebase to run well on macOS 10.12 Sierra and macOS 10.13 High Sierra.
- Updated hundreds of Cocoa API calls from older (deprecated) function calls to the modern API
- Re-skinned the game from iX Brushed Metal to iX DarthUI
- Entirely new full-screen mode for better performance and robustness of switching back-and-forth
- Cleaned up all warnings issued by the LLVM compiler and static analyzer for improved robustness
- Removed the illumineX "iX Connection" license and in-app-purchase system
- Refactor the Game Options panel and stats table so they work in full-screen mode
- Added social media sharing; tell your friends you like the game, via email, Messages, Facebook, or Twitter.
- macOS 10.12 or later