Developer website: Vemedio
Colorcast is a lightweight video post-production tool. It's a tool for casual film-making needs that goes beyond iMovie's simple color filters, and at the same time is easy to use and understand. It includes the following features:
- Magic Lantern Support: Colorcast can read Magic Lantern RAW video files and uses its internal RAW engine to develop HDR images in Rec. 2020.
- RAW Video Engine: The internal RAW engine supports 10/12/14-bit RAW video and enables high-dynamic-range video development.
- Sharpening and Denoising: An improved sharpening-and-denoising filter protects edges from blurring and image areas from getting increased noise.
- Internal 16-bit Processing: Colorcast detects video footage with 10-bit or higher color resolution and switches to its internal 16-bit graphics processing automatically.
- Pro Apps Metadata: The info pane shows basic information like name, frame rate, and resolution, and also lets you edit certain in-camera metadata.
- HDR Color Management: The integrated color management makes sure that colors are represented accurately and handles HDR color spaces for 10-bit or higher footage.
- Basic Color Correction: Correct under/over exposed footage - Lift the shadows while maintaining the highlights; correct white balance and spice up the image by giving it more vibrancy and saturation.
- Film Emulation: Give your footage a familiar touch by emulating the color of popular analog films: black-and-white, color positives, negatives, and reversals.
- LUTs: Apply custom made 1D and 3D color lookup tables (LUTs) using the industry standard .cube file format.
- Professional Analysis Tools: Integrated image scopes like histogram and RGB parade update in real-time for precise tuning and effortless comparison of your footage.
- Batch Processing: The integrated batch processing makes working with a lot of clips easy and the project based data model is easy to integrate in existing workflows.
- Added support for Cinema DNG
- Added option for Anamorphic De-Squeeze
- Added option for Frame Re-timing
- Moved export settings from preferences into export panel
- Refined optics
- Minor bug fixes and performance improvements
- macOS 10.13 or later
- Apple Macintosh with Metal-capable graphics