LuckGrib is a full-featured, easy-to-use, fast GRIB reader, viewer, and downloader. LuckGrib uses beautiful and fast graphics to give you insight and understanding into how the weather and ocean conditions will change through a forecast as well as showing you the details of what happens at any location. Weather forecast data, packaged as GRIB files, can be downloaded directly from the high performance LuckGrib server cluster. Downloads from the server cluster are fast and free - you can easily explore the weather worldwide using some of the best weather models available.
Weather models are available which contain surface conditions, wave and swell state, ocean currents as well as higher altitude information, such as that found at the 850mb, 500mb and 250mb levels. Some of the models available are: GFS, CMC, WW3, HRRR, RAP, NAM, NDFD, Icon, GDPS, RTOFS.
- Download your data directly from the high performance LuckGrib server cluster
- Download weather and ocean data from models created by NOAA, Environment Canada, Météo-France and Deutscher Wetterdienst (DWD) in Germany
- Both global and regional models are available
- High resolution GRIB models are supported. The appropriate view resolution is chosen automatically and dynamically as you zoom and pan
- Elegant and beautiful interface
- Smooth transitions and animation show how the weather or ocean conditions will evolve through the forecast
- Sophisticated math - smooth and accurate interpolation
- Instantly update graphical and textual information as you move your cursor around the GRIB files area
- Support for sailors when planning a passage, during departure planning, as well as while on passage, through the points, routes and vessels features
- Support for GRIB versions 1 and 2 allows you to import the widest range of information
- Import GRIB files from outside sources, such as PredictWind, Ocens and Saildocs, among many others
- Access to hundreds of GRIB parameters (wind, rain, pressure, temperature, CAPE, CIN, humidity, wave information, ocean current data, vorticity, simulated radar, and many more.)
- An internet connection is not required to view imported files - LuckGrib acts as a fully functional viewer when you are away from the internet