Developer website: James Snell
TrashTalker is a handy and entertaining application that gives you a sound board for the macOS speech synthesis engine. Many voices are preinstalled with macOS and therefore automatically available through TrashTalker.
TrashTalker is the latest rendition of application formerly known as STP. This application has been enjoyed through the years by DJs, kids calling their friends and other folks too.
- Custom text boxes can now be saved and thus are automatically preloaded when TrashTalker starts.
- Keyboard shortcuts allow rapid triggering of custom text entry speech.
- The random phrase list can be edited, saved, exported and imported (added by request of DJ users).
- Speech rate can be adjusted from insanely slow to pointlesslyfast.
- Record System Default Audio-In to file.
- Manage available voices more easily than in the past, as TrashTalker now directs you to where you can configure system-wide TTS voices.
- Add/Remove new Voices more easily now that Trash Talker Preferences guides you to where you manage voices in System Preferences
- Record Audio to file from the System Audio-In channel
- Send in your feedback for feature requests (etc)
- TrashTalker icon refreshed for modern times
- Minimum version of macOS supported has switched from 10.6 to 10.9 due to audio recording requirements
- Various under-the-hood improvements
- OS X 10.6.6 or later
- Version Downloads
- 06 Mar 2018
- Intel 64 / OS X