Developer website: Matthew Conz
With SoundBoard FX go from providing ambiance for a party to producing a Broadway play, SoundBoard FX fulfills all of your noisemaking needs. Lightweight, versatile, reliable, and easy to use, this app gives you full control over your sound effects, musical cues, or voiceovers.
- An unlimited number of sound effects: add as many as you need!
- Customizable settings for each sound, including:
- Maximum volume
- Fade in/out times (can be different)
- Notes field
- Hotkeys to play/stop sounds
- "Theatre Mode", a color scheme specifically designed for low-light environments that can be toggled with a keypress
- Easy reordering of sounds
- Play as many sounds simultaneously as desired
- Resettable play counter
- Combination clock and stopwatch widget
- Quick stop button that kills all sounds
- Clean, intuitive interface without distracting frills
Note: Now requires OS X 10.13 or later.
- Changed the format for saving sound files* in order to make soundboard files compatible with the soon-to-be-released iOS app(!!!)
- Slightly updated the details section layout
- Added the ability to undo certain actions
- The app sometimes crashed when clicking on an empty portion of the sound list. It no longer does so.
- The custom font for the stopwatch/clock wasn't displaying properly. Since it's a very nice font and I went through a lot of trouble to find it, I made sure it would display correctly so we can all appreciate its awesomeness.
- Once a shortcut was set, the app would stubbornly refuse to save any shortcut changes to file. I have managed to convince the app to save the changes, and it acquiesced.
- The sound level meter in the details section has been slightly modified to take advantage of High Sierra's new stacked meter view.
- OS X 10.13 or later