Developer website: sqwarq
Critical Updates keeps you informed of when a background update of the listed components occurs. These are controlled by the command-line softwareupdate tool and by App Store preference settings in System Preferences.
Critical Updates refreshes the Components table on launch, and about once every 60 minutes, if left running; it polls the App Store for security updates on launch, and about once every 10 seconds while running. Critical Updates has a very low energy and resource footprint, and can be left running with virtually no impact on system resources.
- Newly-updated components are colored red in the table
- An alert appears in the window when a security update needs to be installed manually
- Click the yellow warning triangle next to the alert message text to open the App Store
- Click the ‘x’ button to hide the alert message
- Double-click any component’s name to reveal it in the Finder
- Click the App Store icon in the window to immediately open the App Store preference settings
- Replaced some old code that could trigger an authorisation request when running on versions of macOS greater than 10.13.
- OS X 10.11 or later
- Version Downloads
- 25 Jun 2018
- Intel 64 / OS X