Ask Fortuna is an intriguing new fortune-generator for Macintosh. It creates almost-random sayings and prescient prognostications, with a twist. However, these are not plagiarized lists of old quotes, nor are they completely random sentences of computer-speak; they are something in-between. Ask Fortuna makes millions of uniquely original sayings, guided by "artificial intelligence" that imbues its prose with poetic and thought-provoking wit. You can save and send your favorite sayings to your friends, and even have "Ask Fortuna" read the saying out loud in one of many computerized voices.
- Speak to Me - Either automatically or manually speak your fortunes out loud in any of your installed text-to-speech voices (this is an add-on feature.)
- Share - You can send the fortune off to friends on Facebook/Twitter/e-mail/messaging.
- Bookmark and "Re-In-Karma" - Each fortune has its own unique 8-character "Karma-code" which, if typed in, can instantly re-display that exact fortune again, on any device that is running "Ask Fortuna". This feature lets you type one of these codes and re-display that particular fortune, or choose a prior "bookmarked" fortune. This is good for bookmarking/saving and revisiting prior funny ones, or sending the code to friends so they can jump to it it too, instant "Re-In-Karma". Ask Fortuna will save up to 10 of these bookmarked fortunes, older ones dropping off as you bookmark new ones.
- Choose Your Fortune - You can type your name, birthday, or other phrase, and it uses that text to create a unique fortune from the particular letters/numbers typed. It will extract just the letters and numbers, so that names, birthdays, phrases will each generate a fortune that is always tied to their text. That is, typing in your same text would create that unique fortune again, even on your friend's computer.
- Personal - The Fortunes are unique to you. If you and a friend start "Ask Fortuna" on two different devices at exactly the same time, you will still each get different fortunes.
- Customize - The Preferences or Settings page lets you customize the appearance, choosing a favorite color as a backdrop tint behind the text, and turning on/off sound effects for the buttons. This is also where you can "test-drive" the computer-voices and purchase the "Speak-to-me" feature.
Note: This application contains in-app and/or external module purchases.