Developer website: Manuscripts.app Limited
Manuscripts is a writing tool for complex documents: it helps with the entire process of writing up complex work, from outlining the paper to the editing, proofreading and publishing stages, all from within one beautiful experience. Manuscripts is a word processor re-imagined to take a lot of mechanical formatting work off the author's shoulders, so he or she can focus on the substance of one's work. We top the editing features with a fully version-controlled file format and flexible import and export options. Our design packs in an unprecedented range of functionality, including multi-figure panels, table editing and equations, as well as a top-of-the-line citation workflow, all in one unified experience. The application imports and exports MS Word, LaTeX, Markdown, and HTML.
Note: Manuscripts is now free, and Manuscripts 2 will be made open source in 2018.
- Improves speed of importing large bibliography libraries
- Clarified error messages in a few different places
- Fixes an issue affecting macOS 10.13 High Sierra users whereby the manuscript outline would not render reliably
- Fixes an issue leading to manuscript not being presented correctly if it includes a corrupt table
- Fixes an occasional issue with importing manuscripts
- Fixes issues introduced in earlier beta with cut-/copy-and-paste of content and exporting
- Fixes issues related to exporting manuscripts with formatted citations and bibliographies
- A number of other bug fixes, stability and performance improvements
- OS X 10.10 or later