Lockdown is an open-source tool for El Capitan that audits and remediates security configuration settings. Written as a UI wrapper for Summit Route's open-source 'osxlockdown' tool, Lockdown helps to secure OS X computers by reducing their attack surface.
- A simple point-and-click GUI-based experience
- The ability to quickly toggle commands on and off, via the UI
- Cryptographic verification of itself and the osxlockdown components
- Many of the rules disable functionality in the name of security. This may make you sad.
- System commands and dark arts are involved, so ensure you have your system backed up first.