Developer website: Inchwest
SmartBreak is a revolutionary ergonomics program that reminds you to look away from your computer screen and forces you to take regular breaks. Unlike similar reminder tools which prompt you to take breaks at fixed intervals, SmartBreak actually monitors the way you spend time on a laptop, and then prompts you to rest at the appropriate time. This way, your breaks are more effective at preventing stress related health hazards like Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) and Repetitive Strain Injuries (RSI). SmartBreak is the only RSI-prevention program that not only reminds you to take breaks, but also forces you to take a break, which is especially useful for kids when combined with the child-lock option.
- Intelligent breaks based on the amount of work you do
- Ability to lock the display and enforce breaks
- On-screen stress bar to monitor your stress level
- Child-lock feature to ensure that kids can't disable SmartBreak
- Turn off the monitor or hide the break window for use in offices
- Cross-platform support for Windows PC and Mac OS X
- Works even when you are inside a virtual machine or on a remote desktop
Note: Currently available for $9.99.
Note: The downloadable demo is version 2.6; the version available for purchase on the Mac App Store is version 2.76.
- Minor bug fixes
- OS X 10.10 or later