RawTherapee is a cross-platform RAW image-processing program, released under the GNU General Public License Version 3. It was originally written by Gábor Horváth of Budapest, but has since been taken over by a team of open-source developers from around the world. Rather than being a raster graphics editor such as Photoshop or GIMP, it is specifically aimed at raw photo post-production. And it does it very well - at a minimum, RawTherapee is one of the most powerful raw processing programs available.
- You can scroll all panels using the mouse scroll-wheel.
- You can right-click on a tool's name to automatically expand it while collapsing all others.
- To change slider values or drop-down list items with the mouse scroll-wheel, hold the Shift key. This is so that you can safely scroll the panels without accidentally changing a slider or other tool setting.
- All curves support the Shift and Ctrl keys while dragging a point. Shift+drag makes the point snap to meaningful axes (top, bottom, diagonal, other), while Ctrl+drag makes your mouse movement super-fine for precise point positioning.
- There are many keyboard shortcuts which make working with RawTherapee much faster and give you greater control, make sure you familiarize yourself with them on RawPedia's Keyboard Shortcuts page!