GedGap is a genealogy tool that can help you plan, rate, and prioritise your research plan. Just import your GEDCOM file from your family tree web site or genealogy software and GedGap can:
- Analyse and score each of your sources to reveal gaps in the reliability of your birth and death entries;
- Prioritise an individual's research based on the quality and completeness of sources;
- Determine a confidence rating in your sources being proof of birth and death events;
- Provide brief tips on the status of birth and death research;
- Allow you to add brief notes to an individual's research;
- Allow you to set flags for missing sources being proof of birth and death events, whether research is complete or has ceased; and
- Produces various reports on your research plan.
Note: While the software is classified as free, it is actually donationware. Please consider making a donation to help support development.