Bix is a movie playlist tool for fullscreen and multi-screen playback. Built on Apple's AVFoundation technology, Bix lets you easily organize and configure playlists, trimming individual clips as needed, for use in kiosk and digital signage applications.
"For video artists, digital signage professionals and other content creators who need to display their visuals continuously or across large format display configurations, Bix is a simple, effective option for organizing and presenting their work," says Douglas A. Welton, einstien's legacy Chief Product Officer. "Bix works equally well with static content as it does with dynamic content, which may be loaded in a folder immediately before Bix begins playback."
- Playback Control Bix separates your clips from their playback settings giving you the freedom to changes to the display location, looping mode and other behaviors without making any changes to your movies.
- Multi-screen Playback Bix lets users display a playlist fullscreen on any monitor attached to their Mac or users may elect to combine all monitors as one continuous playback display.
- Simple Organization Organizing the playback sequence of movies is simple: select the clips or folders you want and drag them to the location where you'd like them to play. Done!
- Segment Playback Use the In Point and Out Point knobs to control whether all or only a portion of a movie is used for playback.
- Watch Folders Bix reads Watch Folders when a document is opened and adds the folder's content to the user's playlist. This lets users dynamically change a playlist without having to edit the original Bix document.
- Looping Bix lets users control the playback flow. The Looping Control sets whether a playlist plays only once or loops repeatedly.
- Easy Integration Use autostarted Bix documents with iCal, AppleScript or as a Login Item to control scheduled playback and hands-free operation.