GOG Galaxy is a fully optional client to install, play and update your games. It also offers online multiplayer, achievements, chat, game-time tracking and more - but it’s up to you which features you want to use.
Installing and updating made smarter, with you in charge.
- One-click install - Prefer convenience? Install any GOG.com game with a single click, and it will forever stay up to date. As soon as the game is installed, it’s ready to play.
- Backup copy download - Want to backup your purchases? We get it. For all games, you can download a DRM-free backup installer that you can save to an external disk, drive or cloud.
- Offline support - It’s up to you when and how to play your games. GOG Galaxy will always work without an internet connection, and so will your games.
- Rollback (soon) - Sometimes game updates break things. Thanks to the built-in Rollback feature, you can restore your game to prior states with just a single click.
- Optional auto-updates - Don’t like being forced to update? In GOG Galaxy you can turn off auto-updating for any game and receive notifications when new updates are available.
Enriching DRM-free games with optional online features.
- Multiplayer & matchmaking - GOG Galaxy-powered multiplayer games offer matchmaking and online play. In new and classic games alike, meet other players and make friends... or enemies.
- Achievements - Complete challenges laid out by the developers, experience more of the game, win bragging rights or just do it for the sake of your inner completionist.
- Game-time tracking & stats - For nearly every GOG game you can now track your play time. Additionally, select GOG Galaxy-powered games will offer extra stats or in-game leaderboards.
- Crossplay - Crossplay-enabled games offer online play between GOG and Steam. Because where you buy your games shouldn't prevent you from playing with friends.
- Game overlay (soon) - See notifications for new messages, requests or achievements, check on your progress and chat with friends... All that without leaving the game.
More ways to build friendships and stay in touch.
- Friends list - Add people you like to your friends list. With a single click you will see if they’re online, what are they playing, start a new chat or invite them to a game.
- Online chat - Our new chat is not limited to the Client. No matter if your friends are on GOG Galaxy or on the GOG website, you can chat with them in real time.
- Game inviting & joining (soon) - Enjoy playing games with great company? Galaxy-powered multiplayer games will allow you to invite friends from the game, or to join their games from the Client.
Small details can sometimes make the biggest difference.
- Choose your features - Don’t like achievements or chat? Just as the Client is optional, so are its features. Turn off the ones you don’t care about, leaving only what’s important to you.
- Privacy - We deeply respect our users, so we’ve also built GOG Galaxy to respect your privacy. We don’t track your personal data... we don’t even look for it.
- App notifications (soon) - Keep the Client running and you’ll be first to know whenever your wishlisted game is discounted, or when a new friend, game or chat invite is received.
- Constantly optimized - We believe that the client application should be as lightweight as possible, and with every version we will do our best to decrease its CPU and memory footprint.
- Always optional - Beyond all these features, the Client will never be mandatory. That’s great motivation for us - we want to make it so good, you’ll actually want to use it.