Developer website: RoGame Software
Quincy is a musical explorer of Life, a cellular automaton created by J.H.Conway. Conway’s Game Of Life has long been of great interest to musicians specifically as a pattern generator. Quincy is a full implementation of Life, capable of generating all possible variations, the common B3/S23 as well as others like HighLife or Seeds. It is document-based and features adjustable grid size, random cell insertion and more. Quincy comes with a large library of patterns, a color mixer for a document’s color set and many display options. Editing tools beyond pen and pattern stamp also include options like copy, paste and rotate.
- Intuitive interface
- Adjustable grid size
- Document based
- Full general MIDI instrument library
- Large pattern library
- Virtual MIDI
- File transfer with iOS versions via iTunes File Sharing
- Extensive online documentation
- Ready for Retina
- Academic discounts available
- Localized into Chinese, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Swedish
Note: Now requires OS X 10.12 or later
- This version adds improved support for macOS High Sierra (10.13) and fixes some minor layout issues.
- OS X 10.12 or later