BeatGauge automatically calculates the BPM (beats per minute) of your iTunes songs. Just drag songs from iTunes, drop them onto BeatGauge, and it will report the results back to iTunes.
BeatGauge is fast, multi-threaded, and professional grade. It’s the ideal tool to help you pick songs for spinning classes, aerobics, running, or any other beat-oriented workout.
- Very simple, intuitive user interface
- Quickly finds and analyzes songs without BPM
- Multi-threaded analysis that makes perfect use of multi-core processors
- Supports all local, unprotected iTunes audio file formats
- AppleScript API for power users
- Requires OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Music files must be locally stored in iTunes and writable
- iCloud songs must be downloaded before analysis
- DRM-protected songs cannot be analyzed
- State-of-the-art BPM detection is not 100% accurate--some values may be off by a factor of 2