Developer website: Udo Thiel
XAirports is a utility app that allows owners of the popular flight simulator "X-Plane" to easily set COM and NAV radio frequencies and autopilot parameters while flying. This avoids pausing the sim to look up, memorize, and enter frequency data, as well as to fiddle with virtual knobs. XAirports is also a database, containing over 34.000 airports available in X-Plane, plus associated ATC, ILS, and VOR objects. Last but not least, XAirports can also display, save to disk, and print PDF airport charts (SID/STAR) from a variety of publicly available sources.
- Database containing 34000 airports, 42000 runways, 22000 ATC, 3500 ILS, and 9500 VOR
- Select COM/NAV radio frequencies with a mouse click and sent them to X-Plane, without the need to look up and memorize numbers, or pause the sim
- Display, print, and save airport charts (SID/STAR, etc.) from over a dozen different sources
- Quickly set Auto-Pilot parameters and the Transponder
- Filter database by airport name, ICAO code or runway length
- Sort airports by distance to your aircraft
- Sorting by distance and filtering by runway length answers, for example, the question "what's the nearest airport where my Airbus A380 can land at?
- Display airports and nav aids as well as aircraft from X-Plane on a moving map
- Choose from 13 different map types. (IAP)
- Import your custom scenery data into the app (IAP)
Supported Flight Simulators
- X-Plane 9.70
- X-Plane 10
- Note: no plug-in installation required
Note: This application contains in-app and/or external module purchases.
- Added sectionals, TAC, heli, jet, and Victor charts, thanks to faa.gov (US, Canada, and Caribbean only)
- Minor fixes and improvements
- OS X 10.10 or later