Developer website: Out of the Park Developments GmbH & Co KG
Out of the Park Baseball 18 now officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA. Step into the shoes of a GM and/or field manager to own the future or rewrite the past of your favorite real-world franchise. Build the team the way you want to. Start a new career with your favorite 2016 MLB team or span through almost 150 years of baseball history and run any team from the past! You can even set up your own fictional baseball universe or compete in online leagues against other OOTP players. The possibilities in OOTP 18 are endless.
Dive into the more hands-on management and set your team's lineups, pitching staffs, and in-game strategy. You can oversee your league at a high level, or play out each game, managing play by play or even pitch by pitch. OOTP players progress realistically over time. Build a team through the draft, or sign big free agents to put you over the top!
New in 18
- Experience a new game mode in OOTP 18: Challenge! This mode is available for newly created leagues (standard / historical / fictional) and adds a unique twist, along with new rewards, while playing OOTP. Your achievements are tracked in an (optional) online profile. Are you the best OOTP manager on the planet?
- Improved 3D Mode & Game Highlight Reels. With even more ballpark detail than before and enhanced player animations, the 3D game mode in OOTP has taken another leap forward.
- New Tournaments and Fall Leagues. Set up your own national or international tournaments, choose from different tournament modes, and manage your favorite nation to international glory.
- Historical Negro Leagues. With the help of Seamheads.com, our historical database experts have been able to add most Negro leagues seasons to the historical minor league feature of Out of the Park Baseball 18.
- Redesigned Injury System. Injuries in OOTP 18 has been reworked to be more realistic and interesting.
- Team Promotion & Relegation Support. Create a challenging new league setup where teams fight for promotion and try to defend against relegation to a lower league level.
- The ability to retain player salaries in trades.
- Improved AI throughout the game, for a more challenging experience than ever.
- Beautiful new interface design with three different skins.
- Improved player morale / team chemistry system
- Improved player creation and development system
- Improved game recaps, enhanced play-by-play text and league news
- Improved sim module with more options for simming playoff series
- Fixed issue with importing rosters and having "do not allow AI moves" flag set
- Fixed last year ticket price display issue
- Fixed not respecting number of draft rounds
- Fixed crash if game minimized while bullpen dialog open
- Fixed issue with setting no cap on amateur FA
- Fixed issue with placing minor league players on the major league 60-day DL
- Players may now be sent to rehab assignment before the minor league seasons have begun
- Added team and MLB totals to player batting and pitching stats pages
- Fixed expansion draft scheduling for historical games to not conflict with rookie draft
- Fixed issue with resetting beard frequency
- Fielding ratings will no longer be reset to a 200 internal value in the player development code if manually edited to values exceeding 200
- Other bug and cosmetic fixes
- OS X 10.8 or later