Phenomena is a better playback application for Quartz Compositions that lets you play your compositions like the QuickTime X Player. But unlike QuickTime X Player, Phenomena gives you access to your composition's parameters so the Quartz Composer editor is not required to reprogram your compositions for different situations.
- Simple Playback Phenomena lets you play your stand-alone compositions directly. You don't have to compile your composition into an application using XCode or other tools. Just load and hit play!
- Playback Control Phenomena separates your composition from its playback settings. Values for settings like fullscreen mode and start-on-open are stored separately without making any changes to your composition.
- 32-bit / 64-bit Compatibility Because some Quartz Composer plugins still work only in 32-bit mode, Phenomena is built as a universal executable, which works equally well in both 32-bit and 64-bit mode.
- Playback Customization Phenomena allows you to change your composition's input parameters without re-editing the composition in Quartz Composer.
- Enhanced Event Handling Phenomena now gives you control over whether keyboard and mouse events are passed through to the currently rendering composition or whether those events are trapped and used by the window itself.
- Render-Limit Controls Phenomena provides a control that limits the maximum number of frames per second that your compositions can render. Set the number high for smooth playback or lower to simulate a more demanding playback environment.
- Clear Display The Phenomena toolbar now includes an item that gives users the ability to clear the playback display. This is very useful when you are trying to understand the performance of an interactive display.
- Works with iCal Use Phenomena with iCal to schedule composition playback. From iCal, set your Phenomena file as the action for a calendar alarm. When the alarm goes off, your composition will start.