NZBGet is a usenet downloader built for speed and works everywhere. NZBGet is written in C++ and designed with performance in mind to achieve maximum download speed by using very little system resources.
- Performance matters: Unlike downloads from www or ftp the download from usenet requires quite a lot of computation work. NZBGet is optimized for performance and uses very little memory at the same time.
- Cross-platform: NZBGet supports all platforms including Windows, Mac and Linux. Binaries for Windows and Mac are available right here. Binaries for many Linux platforms can be found in their repositories or can be compiled from sources.
- Works everywhere: Besides desktop class computers NZBGet works on WLAN routers, NAS devices, media players, etc. Some systems come with NZBGet already preinstalled by vendors, others have NZBGet in their app stores - check it out!
- Web-interface: NZBGet runs invisible in background and can be configured and controlled from a web-browser (has a separate theme for smartphones). There is also a console interface to use from terminal.
- Automation: Automatic download, par-repair (if needed), unpack and post-processing. Everything you need to automate your downloads. Powerful RSS filters with duplicate check to fetch and enqueue nzb-files automatically from your favorite indexers.
- Remote control: Third-party apps can communicate with NZBGet using RPC-API. Every feature seen in the built-in web-interface can be used by other programs too. You can also use RPC ability to control NZBGet from your scripts.
Note: While the software is classified as free, it is actually donationware. Please consider making a donation to help support development.