Developer website: Ghostotter Software
OnScreen Barcode Scanner lets you scan barcodes directly from your Mac's screen. Ideal for checking your barcodes without having to print them out for use with a cumbersome hand scanner. Simply click the "Scan" button and select the screen area to scan. It's as easy as taking a screen shot. OnScreen Barcode Scanner will display the type and number of any successfully detected barcodes in the selected area. Supported barcodes are: EAN-8 EAN-13 UPC-A UPC-E ISBN.
Some tips and hints:
- Barcodes should be the approximately the right way up to scan efficiently.
- Large barcodes scan better than small ones. Zoom in if possible.
- If there is more than one barcode in your scanned area then you will get details for each unique barcode. Duplicate codes are only shown once.
- Code numbers can now be copied and pasted
- Fixed macOS Sierra & High Sierra compatibility issue
- OS X 10.9 or later
- Version Downloads
- 19 Mar 2019
- Intel 64 / OS X