Developer website: Jonas Myren Ribe
Highlights is a PDF reader that extracts highlighted text, notes, and image selections from PDFs and lets you share them via email, archive them to shoebox applications such as Evernote, DEVONthink, and VoodooPad, or just save them to portable formats such as Markdown and HTML.
PDFs are like paper, abundant and made for reading. And like paper, they are typically the end-point of creation, making them difficult to edit or interact with. However, many of us like to highlight, comment, and make notes on PDFs to give feedback, bring out important parts, or summarize the content. If you end up having to go back through PDFs looking for your own notes, Highlights can be of service. When you open an annotated PDF in Highlights, the annotations are extracted, organized, and neatly formatted.
Note: The downloadable demo is version 1.5.3; the version available for purchase on the Mac App Store is version 1.5.4.
- Export notes directly to Keep It (replaces Together)
- Lots of memory improvements
- The underline power tool can now handle multiple unnumbered references across multiple pages
- Fixed issue where moving or renaming files could crash the app due to sandbox issue with sidecar markdown files
- Fixed issue where manual metadata lookups could result in a crash
- OS X 10.10 or later
- Version Downloads
- 25 May 2018
- Intel 64 / OS X