Metal Gear Rising - Revengeance takes place in the near future, when cyborg technology has become commonplace throughout society. Three years have passed since the collapse of the Patriots system that had been secretly controlling the global power balance from the shadows. However, peace remains elusive. The dissemination of cybernetic technology has triggered instability and conflict as those who control the trade gain increasing power. Furthermore, large 'Private Military Companies', or PMC's, that had been supported and controlled by the Patriots have collapsed, spawning countless rogue entities with origins to larger criminal organizations. These renegade PMCs employing cyborg technology have become increasingly more disruptive shifting policy and power at will. As a member of the peace-keeping PMC 'Maverick Security', Raiden lives by the mantra of protecting and saving lives. But as the world plunges further into asymmetric warfare, the only path that leads him forward is rooted in resolving his past, and carving through anything that stands in his way.
- The latest Metal Gear experience featuring an all-new style of frenetic action gameplay and central character, Raiden, a cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path!
- New game design, the birth of a new type of MG experience: Combining development powerhouses Kojima Productions and PlatinumGames together, MGR Revengeance will offer a fast and fluid game style centered on katana-based combat within the Metal Gear universe.
- Advanced technology: Produced by a hybrid team of renowned developers, the in-game technology promises to push the boundaries of graphics, style and lightning-speed action gameplay.
- 'ZanDatsu' cut mechanic: Within the game world, players will be able to take advantage of what has been created- "an all-encompassing cutting plane in real time". Cut anything, anytime, anywhere.
- Epic story in the vein of what MG is known and loved for: The game takes place after the events of METAL GEAR SOLID 4 where the world has fallen into chaos with cyborg crimes and terrorism running rampant in society. Delves into the continuing story of Raiden, a child-soldier turned cyborg ninja who's origins are connected to both Metal Gear Solid 2 And Metal Gear Solid 4.