Faux Pas inspects your iOS or Mac app's Xcode project and warns about possible bugs, as well as about maintainability and style issues.
What the Clang Static Analyzer is to your code, Faux Pas is to your whole Xcode project. Faux Pas doesn't just look at your code - it inspects all the elements of your Xcode project together. This allows it to find completely new classes of potential issues.
- Tame latent bugs - Rules like these alert you to issues in your project that might manifest as bugs later down the line:
- Find resource file errors - Are you sure you more...
- New rule: Associated object on value-like type.
- New rule: Complete NSNotificationCenter detachment.
- We now support Xcode 7 (the iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 SDKs).
- The "Old, verbose Objective-C syntax" rule now suggests an Objective-C boxed C string (@(str)) instead of [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%s", more...
- OS X 10.9 or later
- Xcode 5 or later