Faux Pas inspects your iOS or Mac app's Xcode project and warns about possible bugs, as well as about maintainability and style issues.
What the Clang Static Analyzer is to your code, Faux Pas is to your whole Xcode project. Faux Pas doesn't just look at your code - it inspects all the elements of your Xcode project together. This allows it to find completely new classes of potential issues.
- Tame latent bugs - Rules like these alert you to issues in your project that might manifest as bugs later down the line:
- Find resource file errors - Are you sure you more...
- Project checking speed is improved (a ~10-20% speedup is typical, but e.g. Faux Pas now checks itself twice as fast as the previous version.)
- We now use a version of the Clang compiler that matches the one that ships with Xcode 7.0.
- The "did you mean" suggestions for unknown resource references are slightly improved.
- Failure to check framework targets that more...
- OS X 10.9 or later
- Xcode 5 or later