Security Growler is a menu bar app that will notify you via Notification Center or Growl if any SSH, FTP, VNC, AFP, or Sudo authentication events occur. It's very useful if you're paranoid about people trying to hack into your computer or if you simply like having information about people using your computer's resources. It's easily extensible in python, you can add modules that watch logfiles or processes and do whatever you want. Use Prowl to send the notifications to your iPhone/iPad when you're away.
- Fixes the Stop background agent & quit menu-bar item in Security Growler Light.app
- Notifies the user when the background agent is killed
- Adds menu item to check for updates
- Minor code cleanup and refactoring
- OS X 10.9 or later
- Version for Light Mode in Related Links