Developer website: Vostok
Taxonomy was specifically developed for quick file sorting. It will come handy if you need to sort your photos among several folders: "Holiday in Spain", "Party", "Add to Facebook", etc. It is indispensable when it is time to clean out the Downloads folder, the desktop, or to arrange projects or media. It organizes your files and folders, allowing you to find your information quickly and easily.
Six cases, where Taxonomy can help:
- You need to sort out many pictures.
- You are going to sort out the project folders.
- Your drive is full.
- There are so many icons on your desktop that they are arranged in two layers.
- You think it's high time to sort out your video or music collection.
- You just like your files to be in order.
- Viewing file-by-file
- Viewing folders for sorting out the files
- Sorting the files with a mouse click or pressing a key
- Quick Look mode for file viewing
- Simple deletion of files
- Viewing subfolders
- Taxonomy will offer to delete the empty folder
- Undo operations
- Rename files
- Choose file sorting type
- File grid view
- Multiple files operations
- Folder size calculation
- File system changes monitoring
- Show/Hide Background settings
- Show/Hide Hidden files settings
- Permanent file deletion confirmation dialog
- Built-in Help
- Bug fixes
- OS X 10.7 or later