Amethyst is a tiling window manager similar to xmonad. It was originally written as an alternative to fjolnir's awesome xnomad but written in pure Objective-C. It's expanded to include some more features like Spaces support not reliant on fragile private APIs. Amethyst is free and open source under the MIT license.
Note: Amethyst must be given permissions to use the accessibility APIs under the Privacy tab of the Security & Privacy preferences pane. There is a comprehensive list of keyboard shortcuts that are available on the developer's webpage.
Note: Now requires macOS 10.12 or later
- Amethyst no longer supports macOS versions earlier than 10.12
- Add an experimental first pass at a binary space partitioning layout
- Add a shortcut for forcing Amethyst to reevaluate windows: mod1 + z by default
- Add the option for crash reporting:
- This is opt-in and available in
- macOS 10.12 or later