Developer website: Ian Ynda-Hummel
Amethyst is a tiling window manager similar to xmonad. It was originally written as an alternative to fjolnir's awesome xnomad but written in pure Objective-C. It's expanded to include some more features like Spaces support not reliant on fragile private APIs. Amethyst is free and open source under the MIT license.
Note: Amethyst must be given permissions to use the accessibility APIs under the Privacy tab of the Security & Privacy preferences pane. There is a comprehensive list of keyboard shortcuts that are available on the developer's webpage.
- Updates to the in-app preferences to aid in clarity around floating. #715
- Improved in-app guidance for the necessity of Accessibility permissions. #718, #700
- Added support for multiple windows in the main pane for the middle-wide layout. #705 (Thanks @Ked-Ki!)
- Added the option to treat the floating applications list as a blacklist or a whitelist. #707, #655, #171 (Thanks @axs221!)
- Fixed an issue that could cause windows to accidentally swap when dragging. #699, #690 (Thanks @ianfixes!)
- Fixed an issue that unnecessarily used CPU to monitor mouse events when not using focus-follows-mouse. #665, #658 (Thanks @ianfixes!)
- Fixed an issue that prevented proper handling of applications being hidden/shown. #664, #575 (Thanks to @ianfixes!)
- Fixed a crash when attempting to delete a layout that does not exist. #708, #683 (Thanks @jameszaghini!)
- Fixed an issue that prevented floating blacklist/whitelist logic from working correctly. #725, #723
- macOS 10.12 or later