Amethyst is a tiling window manager similar to xmonad. It was originally written as an alternative to fjolnir's awesome xnomad but written in pure Objective-C. It's expanded to include some more features like Spaces support not reliant on fragile private APIs. Amethyst is free and open source under the MIT license.
Note: Amethyst must be given permissions to use the accessibility APIs under the Privacy tab of the Security & Privacy preferences pane. There is a comprehensive list of keyboard shortcuts that are available on the developer's webpage.
Note: Now requires OS X 10.10 or later
- Experimental: Finally add support for window margins
- Fix bugs around setting and displaying shortcut preferences
- Fix a crash when trying to move windows clockwise through screens
- Fix a crash when focusing an empty screen
- Fix a bug preventing decreasing main pane count
- Fix a bug more...
- OS X 10.10 or later