is the perfect Tool to customize when you want Time Machine to backup your data.
Be it based on dynamic times (every 5 minutes to every week), idle based (when you haven't worked on the computer for 1 minute to 60 minutes), or based on fixed times (for example every day at 5:00 pm). Features:
- backup time interval customizable from 15 minutes to 1 week
- optionally activate backups only when computer is idle for specified time period
- create backup when time interval is reached and/or the computer is idle for specified time
- optionally create backup at fixed times (for example every day at 05:00 pm just when you finish your daily work).
- start app automatically at login
- complete replacement for Time Machine Toolbar Item. You don't need to have both items in the toolbar because iScheduleTimeMachine does all Time Machine Toolbar does and more!
- displays backup status: running, mounting volume, finishing, idle, etc...
- displays backup progress in percent, number of files copied and data copied (Megabytes)
- can open Time Machine's restore view right from the Toolbar Menu
- shows date/time when last backup was initiated
- shows date/time when next backup will be initiated
- keeps track of backup statistic
- can show files and data (Megabytes) copied at last backup and in total
- shows backup destination info like Volume Name, Type (Network or Local), Path and ID
- optimized for minimal memory/cpu footprint
In order for iScheduleTimeMachine to work as intended it is necessary that Time Machine is disabled in the System Settings. Otherwise the System will ALSO create backups every hour.