Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. It is based on PS3 Media Server by shagrath. It is actually an evolution of the "SubJunk Build" of PMS. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Mac OS X, Linux, and Windows. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a more...
- Use the Entertainment application category on OS X instead of Other
- MPlayer thumbnail generation is disabled in the GUI if "Generate thumbnails" is unticked
- Made Matroska container detection more reliable
- Message dialogs display in the center of the program instead of the screen
- The FFmpegAudio engine supports web more...
RequirementsOS X 10.6 or later
Similar SoftwareOpen Comparison
Suggest Other Similar Software