Developer website: electrum.org
Electrum is an easy-to-use Bitcoin client. It protects you from losing coins in a backup mistake or computer failure, because your wallet can be recovered from a secret phrase that you can write on paper or learn by heart. There is no waiting time when you start the client, because it does not download the Bitcoin block chain.
- Instant on: Your client does not download the blockchain, it uses a remote server.
- Forgiving: Your wallet can be recovered from a secret seed.
- Safe: Your seed or private keys are not sent to the server. Information received from the server is verified using SPV.
- No downtimes: Several public servers are available, you can switch instantly.
- Ubiquitous: You can use the same wallet on different computers, it will auto-synchronize.
- Cold Storage: You can have secure offline wallets and still safely spend from an online computer.
- Open: You can export your private keys into other Bitcoin clients.
- Tested and audited: Electrum is open source and was first released in November 2011.
- Available for Mac, Linux, Windows, and Android.
- Fix configuration file issue
- Fix ledger signing of non-RBF transactions
- Disable 'spend confirmed only' option by default
- OS X 10.7 or later