Developer website: Myriad Software
Melody Assistant is a music composition and score editor with audio playback capabilities. The included digital-instrument database can be assigned to play back your compositions. Also includes a digital effect processor module (Wah, Overdrive, Flanger, Reverb...).Melody Assistant imports MID, KAR, SGU, AIFF, WAV, MP3, ABC, TAB, MOD, S3M, and other sound files, and exports in most of these formats.And also : Tab calculation (fretted instruments or harmonica), multi-voices karaoke, jukebox ...Multi-lingual : English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Japanese.The unregistered version limits exporting to eight seconds, has a watermark on printed documents and does not enable key signature changes.
- Editing lyrics on a score without lyrics that only includes one staff will automatically add the lyrics line to that staff
- On Macs with a single-button mouse, Ctrl + Click is now equivanent to a right-click. (the "Shift" key now being used to insert/move object outside the staff area).
- Some palettes could move away from the screen edges
- When unsuccessfully trying to tie two notes (different pitches, etc), an unwanted alert box was displayed
- Dutch interface text has been amended
- OS X 10.5 or later