Shotcut is a free, open-source, cross-platform video editor.
- supports oodles of audio and video formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg (or libav as-built)
- supports many image formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF, as well as image sequences
- no import required - native editing
- frame-accurate seeking for many formats
- multi-format timeline: mix and match resolutions and frame rates within a project
- network stream playback (HTTP, HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MMS, UDP)
- frei0r video generator plugins (e.g., color bars and plasma) more...
Note: While MacUpdate Desktop and Finder don't report a version number for this app, the dev states it is at 16.02.01.
- Audio waveforms on timeline are updated incrementally as progress is made.
- Allow dual pass encoding for CBR.
- Added Show Video Thumbnails option to the timeline menu.
- Added Rebuild Audio Waveform to a timeline clip's context menu.
- OS X 10.6.8 or later