Shotcut is a free, open-source, cross-platform video editor.
- supports oodles of audio and video formats and codecs thanks to FFmpeg (or libav as-built)
- supports many image formats such as BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, SVG, TGA, TIFF, as well as image sequences
- no import required - native editing
- frame-accurate seeking for many formats
- multi-format timeline: mix and match resolutions and frame rates within a project
- network stream playback (HTTP, HLS, RTMP, RTSP, MMS, UDP)
- frei0r video generator plugins (e.g., color bars and plasma)
Note: Now requires OS X 10.8 or later
- Added Constrained VBR for the video codec rate control mode to Export.
- Added Fixed option to video GOP to Export.
- New audio mixing mode that does not affect levels.
- Increased usage of floating point for audio processing to improve quality.
- Added Occitan translation.
- More fixes
- OS X 10.8 or later