Note-C is a very simple application for collecting your notes, snippets, and any other pieces of text without limiting access to your entries, yet offering extensive export features.
- Saving your entries. Every single entry will be stored in a separate file and you can freely choose where your entries should be saved. All entries are saved in the open TXT file format so you can open your entries in many text editors.
- Creating multiple notebooks. Note-C allows you to create multiple notebooks, so you can classify your entries by topic and project.
- Special editor- and fullscreen-modes. Note-C's editor offers a lot of features to make writing more efficient and minimize use of the mouse, such as automatic list creation (* and - signs) or moving of text passages with keyboard shortcuts. Also, Note-C offers fullscreen mode in OS X 10.7 Lion and 10.8 Mountain Lion.
- Collecting external files. You can add files to each entry which will be stored in a separate folder.
- Markup Support. Note-C supports the following markup-languages: Markdown, Textile, BBCode, Wikitext, HTML, and Smark.
- Notice Collecting. Note-C offers a range of methods for creating a notice: use its integrated notice feature, the status bar, or the Note-C bookmarklet available for most Web browsers.
- Exporting entries. Export to plain text, RTF, RTFD, HTML, DOC, ODT, and PDF, and choose to export your entries into separate files or to one file which collects all selected entries. You can also export your selected entries as an ePub-eBook file.