Slugline 2 is a screenwriting app devoted entirely to the writing process. It combines an elegant, minimal interface that stays out of your way, with powerful features that help you craft and refine your story
Slugline 2 is a free download, and works without watermarks or limitations until you pass page six, at which point you can upgrade to Unlimited Writing, which includes Final Draft export. Kick the tires at no cost — or, if all you write is short films, never pay a dime!
- Write without formatting - with Slugline 2, screenplay formatting happens automatically as you write. In fact, every single feature of Slugline 2 is driven by the words you type, from the basic elements of a screenplay, to notes, to integrated outlining. This keeps your hands on the keyboard, which keeps you writing.
- Drag-and-drop outlining - Slugline has always been a great place to outline your story, and it’s even more powerful in Slugline 2. Anything you see in Slugline 2’s Outline Navigator can be moved and re-ordered. The associated bits of screenplay come along for the ride, creating a powerful tool for spitballing ideas in an outline, or experimenting with the structure of a 300-page epic.
- Visualize your story over time - Slugline 2’s Timeline gives you an intuitive view of your story's pacing, or how your structure plays out over time. All your outline elements appear there, spaced according to page count. It’s the 30,000-foot view of your screenplay, and you’ll wonder how you wrote without it.
- The power of plain - Slugline 2 is based on Fountain, the plain-text screenplay format that’s free and open for all to use. The screenplays you create with Slugline 2 can be opened on any computer, using any writing app — because they are just text.
- Track changes with live compare - with Live Compare, you can keep track of changes from draft to draft, and optionally include industry-standard change marks in your printed/PDF screenplay. Live Compare works by comparing the differences between any two documents, so there’s no “track changes” to remember to turn on!
- Perfect print & PDF - the writing experience may be unique, but the screenplays you output from Slugline 2 are perfectly ordinary. You can even import and export Final Draft’s FDX files. Slugline plays well with others, but can also be the only screenwriting app you ever need.
- Sync with slug line for iPhone and iPad - Slugline 2 is compatible with Slugline for iOS/iPadOS. You can sync your writing via iCloud Drive or Dropbox.