SAN Fusion is an easy and cost-effective solution that allows you to use Avid Media Composer with your existing Xsan infrastructure.
By using an existing Xsan volume as a backing-store for SAN Fusion's virtualized workspaces, editors can experience authentic Unity-style bin sharing and locking from within Media Composer 5.5.3 or later. Unlike other solutions that purport to make Avid work with Xsan, SAN Fusion is a client-side application with no additional server or minimum number of seats to buy.
SAN Fusion clients mount and unmount workspaces on demand through our intuitive GUI to provide Media Composer a
Note: Now requires OS X 10.9.5 or later
- Updated Sparkle software update framework to v1.15.1
- Added support for macOS 10.12 Sierra
- Dropped support for OS X 10.8.5 Mountain Lion
- Package installer now prompts user to restart after a successful installation
- Minor cosmetic changes
- OS X 10.9.5 or later
- 8GB of RAM (16GB recommended)
- Xsan 3 or later, StorNext 4.2.1 or later, or NFSv3
- Media Composer 7.0.4 or later (including version 8.6)