Developer website: Smartsoft GmbH
Cassiopeia is a scientific word-processing and symbolic-algebra system. It includes a MathML-based equation editor, a 2D graph module, a simulation module and exports to LaTeX and HTML. Cassiopeia stores its documents in a relational database management system and therefore allows multi-user access to a common document repository (co-editing in a workgroup).
The published price is that of a perpetual license. Full pricing info can be found here.
- The installation and setup procedure was optimized. Cassiopeia selects and downloads the correct database package for your system automatically now when you login for the first time. This gets you started in seconds (depending on your internet bandwidth).
- Cassiopeia also automatically installs a basic LaTeX package if no pdflatex binary is found on your machine. A LaTeX package is required to compile automatically generated LaTeX files (for your documents) into PDFs.
- A few minor issues in the equation editor were fixed.
- Fractions automatically show parentheses now when they are moved into a super part (e.g. squared).
- Conversion of TIFFs, PNGs, JPGs,... to PDF did not work properly on some machines when generating LaTeX for a document. Fixed!
- The default database was updated (current scheme) to simplify the installation procedure.
- A new licensing scheme was introduced. License keys issued in the past remain valid.
- Selected parts in equations and now automatically moved into the first subpart of a newly created scheme part (e.g. root, parenthesis,...).
- Pasting text directly below a section title caused the pasted text to inherit the section title attributes. Fixed!
- OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Cassiopeia Essentials installation