Developer website: NorthernSpy Software
ColorPicker is a free utility application that makes the Apple Color Picker available anywhere -- any time. More importantly, ColorPicker allows the colors panel to stay visible, floating above all open windows, regardless of what applications and windows you have open.
ColorPicker can be run as a normal application in the Dock or as a menu bar application, switchable via the preferences window -- the choice is yours.
- Show/hide Apple Color Picker at any time, system-wide.
- Run as a Dock application or in the menu bar (switchable via preferences).
- Select colors from anywhere on your screen.
- Drag and drop colors with applications that support the color picker.
- Drag and drop between other application color pickers.
- Colors panel stays visible, floating above all open applications and windows.
- Easily extend the color picker with great third-party plugins.
The Apple Color Picker has always been a great tool, but until now, never seemed to be available when you need it most. Now, capturing those colors you need is only a click away. Plus, you can easily extend the color picker with some great third-party plugins.
- Compatibility with OS X 10.10 Yosemite.
- Fixed issue with "Start at Login" preference.
- Minor interface changes.
- Enhanced performance and bug fixes.
- OS X 10.7 or later