LightTable is an image-cataloging tool that offers you a unique way of telling stories. Images layout is done on a virtual canvas. You move items around just prints on a table top. Images can be resized, repositioned, layered, and aligned, allowing you to discover new perspectives created by the visual contrast created between images.
- Dynamic Canvas Size - LightTable uses a dynamic canvas to hold the layout of your images. If you need more canvas space, drag an image beyond any visible edge and the canvas will expand in that direction.
- Flexible Layout - Once on the canvas, images may be moved, resized and stretched; aligned relative other images or the canvas itself; or re-stacked like images on a desk top.
- Multiple Resolutions - When dealing with large images, LightTable gives you the option to change the resolution (DPI) of each canvas. This can be used to achieve a better fit for your images on the visible canvas.
- Easy Navigation - Scrolling across a large canvas can be tedious and time consuming. LightTable provides several keystroke and menu options to scroll to various well-known canvas positions.
- Collaborative - To use images from another application like iPhoto or Aperture, simply drag the image from this application and drop it on the LightTable canvas or tray.
- Canvas Export - LightTable lets you export some or all of the images on the canvas as a single image. This allows you to share your canvas with colleagues and friends.