Thinking Home is the easiest, affordable home automation solution for Mac OS X! v2.2 boasts a modern design that delivers performance without compromising ease of use. It is the only Mac app to store a schedule into an ActiveHome Pro (CM-15A)!
Thinking Home supports some of the most popular new hardware, including ActiveHome Pro (CM-15A), PowerLinc V2 and more than 130 models of gadgets and scores of USB serial adapters.
Version 2.2 is well-equipped to run 24-7 and make use of Mac-only things like speech, scripts, email, instant messaging and iPhone access.
Try out Thinking Home 2.2 as a demo for free.
Some of the highlights:
- Stores your schedule into a controller so you can turn off your Mac.
- Setup Assistant to help you get started
- Gadget Guide for easy setup and shopping
- Events and Responders operate lights, open Web pages, play audio, all kinds of actions
- iPhone access via the excellent X10 Commander app
- Schedule Sets: When going away on vacation, many people want a different schedule to be used. Instead of turning on the coffee maker, you may want a couple of lights turning on randomly for a more secure, lived-in look.
- 1-Wire: Affordable temperature monitoring is just one of the benefits that 1-Wire delivers. It's easier than ever to check the temperature of the water heater, greenhouse, wine cellar, solar panels or the outdoors.
- Device Status: Keep tabs on the status of each device or sensor and use it in a smarter, more energy-efficient home.
- Search Fields: The search field in the Gadget Guide makes it a snap to quickly find what you're looking for. You'll be amazed at how well it works -- it practically reads your mind. It's also very handy in the Schedules window, to narrow down your numerous events to the one you're looking for.
- Desktop Remote operates your gadgets directly from the Finder
- Sherlock plug-in for finding answers online
- Web access that fits seamlessly with Apple's built-in Personal Web Sharing
- Email and iChat/AOL Instant Messenger, even to cell phones
- Scripting with AppleScript and virtually any language you have installed
- Built-in voice commands and spoken announcements. You say "Turn on the living room lamp." and it does!
- English, Dutch and French localizations
- Logging with smart filtering