Developer website: Re-Compose
Liquid Notes is a new generation of tool for music production that, thanks to intelligent algorithms which can read and interpret your song like an expert composer, provides suggestions for exciting chord variations. It adjusts melodies, chords, or any melodic elements in context with harmonic changes, for the entire arrangement (single- or multi-track). It's simple to use and a lot of fun, and it opens harmony to producers of electronic music of all styles and beyond, without them having to dig deep into music theory.
A fresh, clean interface leaves no room for visual distractions: decisions and changes are made by what you hear, and not what you see. Complex changes to a song composed in MIDI are made instantly by dragging a few sliders around, twisting some knobs or clicking some buttons -- in just minutes, your song will sound entirely different, yet harmonically fully correct. And playing along to a song flawlessly is super easy, with Liquid Notes putting the notes right where you want them. Liquid Notes works standalone, playing sounds through its built-in synths, or connect it to your favorite DAW and access your virtual instruments.
- Multi-track control over chord types, functions and tensions
- Intelligent harmony progression management
- LN Live corrects wrong notes as you are playing them
- Growing selection of music templates in various styles
- Plays through the software instruments of your preferred sequencer
- Standalone application (stay independent from operating system and sequencer type): No VST, AU or RTAS required
- Works on Windows and Mac OS X
- Connects to any sequencer (Live, Logic, Cubase, Pro Tools, Sonar, etc.)
- Links to any notation software (Sibelius, Finale, etc.)
- Supports live performance
- Compatible with OS X 10.10 and later.
- MIDI files can now be dragged out of Liquid Notes, dropped onto other programs, or saved to the file manager for a more comfortable workflow.
- The window Settings now features a link "Learn more" in the bottom left corner. Click on it to find information on each of the settings listed for the tab/window open.
- The MIDI Clock Sync feature is now turned "off" by default, and some bugs related to it have been fixed. (Remark: You can change this Playback Sync in Settings, "Listen to MIDI clock", if Liquid Notes goes into auto-play or ignores the activation of "Play/Stop". This is the setting you want to check as some synth may deliver an erroneous MIDI clock signal.)
- Empty MIDI files will now report the error message "Invalid MIDI", telling the user to check the MIDI file.
- The selector for the target scale of LN Live has been moved from the bottom right of the main window to Settings. In its place, the current scale is shown at all times now.
- We included some libraries with relevance for the Java RunTime installation on your system to operate correctly. This ensures that Java is installed correctly and that no components are missing.
- OS X 10.6 or later
- Java runtime environment 126.96.36.199 or higher