Needs improvement, especially more options.
There is no option to set the compression level for FLAC, and that's a huge problem for me, since I always choose level 8 for smallest file size.
I also don't like the selections for choosing the file output location and format: When I set it to "convert to same folder as source," it does not do this properly - it SHOULD place the output files in the source folder, but instead it creates a new folder with the artist's name in the source folder, then a subfolder with the album name, and then finally the output files are placed in that folder.
It's impossible to name tracks as I usually do with other apps: I want the track number followed by a period and a space, then the track name, like this:
The closest I can get is one of these formats:
1 - Name
This means I must waste time renaming every track after conversion.
Tracks cannot be added via the context menu. With other apps, I can select some tracks, then right click and choose to open with the app. But nothing happens when I choose to open with iSonics.
Therefore I'm forced to either drag files into iSonics, or use the Add button.
On a positive note, I have a bunch of wma files that XLD and Switch were both unable to convert (Switch's support confirmed there is a bug), but iSonics was able to successfully convert, although not without problems: After successfully converting one or two wma files, I'd delete them from iSonics and drag one or both into iSonics again to test another conversion, but several times I received an error message:
"An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down."
After re-opening iSonics, I was able to add the files and covert, but then it happened again shortly thereafter.
Unfortunately, I don't know what level of FLAC they were converted to.
There is also no help file or tooltips, and those would be very helpful because this app has options I haven't seen before, such as FLAC options "LPC algorithm" and "search method."
Although there's no explanation for how the Merge feature is supposed to work, it was easy to figure out, and worked flawlessly on the two wma files I merged to one FLAC file as a test.