displays internet accessible pictures of Traffic Cameras all over the world. You could use it for any image, even weather maps.
Images you choose as "Featured" are downloaded and setup side by side so that you can swipe across the screen to view multiple images quickly. TrafficCamNZ works over the cellular network though it works best with WiFi because, usually, it's faster!
TrafficCamNZ can also use the GPS features in your device to show cameras around you. Try the predictive mode that predicts where you are travelling to display the next cameras (with known GPS coordinates) on your journey.
TrafficCamNZ now contains details of more than 7000 cameras from around the world. You choose which cameras are the "featured" ones. Featured cameras are easily identified in the Library; they have a Green dot next to them. Managing your own personal list of cameras is easy too. This can be done in two ways:
- Enter a new camera directly on the iPhone and key in the entire URL (http://mywebsite/image.jpg) or
- Create your own XML file for importing into the application. Instructions on how to do this are available at the support web site or by contacting the developer.
- Pictures are displayed in the order they are received unless you set the image sequence number, you can then order the images how you want them
- Check your network usage when downloading over the cellular network
- Images are not cached, if you receive an image that isn't right (i.e. daylight when you know it is night time, that camera may not be functioning)
- Sometimes the traffic camera pictures are not up-to-date. You may see night pictures when it is supposed to be daylight or perhaps pictures don't change. TrafficCamNZ has no control over that
- You receive updates to the camera list automatically; a check is performed every 7 days when the application starts
- Tap the image on the main window to display it full screen
- Easily flick through the loaded images with your finger - this was the original idea behind the application
- Load your own web images
- Free version available, loads up to 3 images
- Full version available, loads up to 19 images on iPhone and 32 images on iPad
- Allows XML import of camera list
- Camera list (XML Import file) can be updated from a web site - doesn't require the release of a new application
- No advertising