is an easy-to-use data replication tool that quickly and seamlessly syncs an offline database running on FileMaker Go or FileMaker Pro with a multi-user database hosted by FileMaker Server.
Mobile users can carry an offline copy of their database with them on their iPhones and iPads, or home/remote users can use bidirectional sync with their laptop and desktop computers to work offline on a fast local copy, which caches their data and solves WAN performance and connectivity problems. To keep all the data in sync, simply run the MirrorSync script and all changes will be transferred between the offline copy and FileMaker Server to bring them up to date.
MirrorSync has been designed to be very simple to configure. There are no plug-ins required, and no scripts to write - the MirrorSync configuration utility writes them for you! Setup typically takes less than 30 minutes, and requires no advanced FileMaker knowledge.
360Works' MirrorSync works with both FileMaker 11 and 12, and can run on an iPad, iPhone, or computer running Mac OS X or Windows since there are no plugins required. After installing MirrorSync on your FileMaker Server and running the simple cross-platform configuration utility, MirrorSync dynamically generates a synchronization script that users run whenever they're ready to sync. Users can delete, add, or modify records and simply run the sync script whenever they want to update their offline copy of the database with FileMaker server. It even works with related data, and does not require you to change anything about how you generate unique IDs.
- No plugins required - sync is done with native FileMaker scripting. Just send a copy of the database to anybody with FileMaker Pro and they are ready to sync.
- Automatic conflict resolution, if multiple users change the same record
- Guided setup utility that requires no advanced FileMaker knowledge
- No scripting required - MirrorSync dynamically writes all the scripts for you
- Fast, incremental sync operations take just a few seconds. Users click a button whenever they want to sync.
- Create, modify, delete, and work with related records - MirrorSync handles it all
- No need to work across a slow Internet connection - just sync your data whenever you choose
- Automatic deletion tracking - MirrorSync detects when records are deleted on one device and deletes them on the server and other devices, without any work on your part.
- Bidirectional or one-way synchronization
Use MirrorSync to...
- Solve WAN performance for home and remote users by working on a local copy of the database and then syncing
- Collect data offline on iOS devices, and then sync one-way to server
- Keep a read-only database on your iOS device and sync one-way from the server on demand
- Switch seamlessly between working on a laptop and iOS device, using a two-way sync with the server