Developer website: cnsplug-ins.com
Whether you already have products with barcodes or if you want to start using barcodes to track your assets, CNS Barcode is easy to set up and use. If you need to create barcodes, the CNSBC_Generate function will take any data you have in your database and create a PNG image of the barcode format of your choosing. You can then print out and affix the barcodes to the objects you need to track. When you need to scan one of your barcodes, the CNSBC_ScanWindow function will bring up a video preview of your webcam for you to see what you are scanning. When the plug-in recognizes the barcode, it will use one of three actions that you define. It can close the scanning window and return the barcode data to the script that opened the window; it can call a script in your database and pass it the barcode data; or it can set a field in your database with the barcode data. Unlike the first action, the script calling and field setting actions leave the scanning window open for you to scan more barcodes.
So download CNS Barcode today and see how easy it is to add barcodes to your FileMaker Solution.
- Fixed a few core plug-in issues that could cause rare crashes.
- Updated the Generate function to discard the fractional part of Numbers if it is zero. This keeps from having to use GetAsText() around Number fields. However, if you want the fractional part and four decimal places is not what you need, you'll have to convert to text within FileMaker before sending to the Generate function.
- Updated the ScanImage function to return an error if you attempt to use Profiles when running under FileMaker Server. The ScanImage function can only perform the "Return" Action under FileMaker Server.
- Added a preference to define how long to wait before the ScanWindow resets and allows another barcode to be scanned. You can adjust this preference to keep from scanning the same barcode more than once.
- OS X 10.4 or later
- FileMaker 7.0v3, 8.x, 9.x, 10.x, 11.x, 12.x