Developer website: Cisco
Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence (Jabber Video) is an application that extends the reach of telepresence. Jabber Video works with a compatible PC or Mac and a webcam or Cisco TelePresence PrecisionHD camera to provide high-definition video communications to more people, on more devices, from more places. Jabber Video can connect to telepresence systems, resulting in a wider community of colleagues, partners, and business customers.
Note:For a quote on a product license, please contact Cisco.
The following issues were found in previous releases and were resolved in 4.4:
- 01 Page 1 of 6O open issues
- Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence Release Notes (4.4) Page 2 of 6
- Identifier Description
- Improved reliability of ICE when using TCP relay.
- Cease bandwidth adaptation when no quality improvement results.
- Fixed typographical error in "Unable to connect" error message.
- Resolved issue causing bandwidth adaptation to fail in constant packet loss situations.
- Resolved issue where TURN probing would sometimes hang when reaching open port 80.
- When ICE is enabled and TURN server port allocation fails due to VPN connection, allocation will now time out faster.
- Improved handling of incomplete provisioning templates. Related stability issue resolved.
- Corrected handling of the pre-configuration option to make network settings unavailable to users ("hideadvancedlogin), improved information to user when network settings are controlled by administrator and not editable.
- Downgrade option using MSIExec is not supported by Jabber Video and has now been disabled.
- Restricted bandwidth probing from going beyond the maximum provisioned outgoing bandwidth.
- Resolved issue causing poor media quality and call disruption in some scenarios involving ICE on lower bandwidths.
- Improved handling of heavy packet loss on call setup.
- Solved issue that would sometimes interrupt the download of an upgrade or downgrade.
- Resolved multiple stability issues.
- The following issues apply to this version of Cisco Jabber Video for TelePresence.
- Windows XP only: Sharing Internet Explorer 6.0 or 8.0 as a presentation makes the presentation video flash.
- When user ends a call while having another call on hold, the presence status erroneously changes to "Online". When the second call is resumed, the status remains "Online".
- Be sure to install and start up Jabber Video before removing Movi, as settings are imported on first startup.
- When installing:
- Jabber Video installs itself as a new application alongside Cisco TelePresence Movi
- Jabber Video registers itself as the default SIP protocol handler.
- The program bundle identifier is now com.cisco.JabberVideo.
- When Jabber Video is launched:
- Preferences, Favorites, and History are imported from Movi.
- Stored passwords are not imported and must be re-entered.
Mac OS X:
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- Cisco TelePresence Management Suite (Cisco TMS) 12.6 or later
- Cisco Video Communication Server (Cisco VCS) X5.2 or later
- X6.0 or later for ICE support
- X6.1 or later for NTLM support
- IP network connection (broadband, LAN, wireless). At least 24 kb/s is required for an audio connection. For a video connection, the recommended minimum is 128 kb/s.